Monday, July 21, 2008

My new children's books website

I have been writing children's stories (in English and Hebrew) for dozens of years. Like most authors, I dreamed of having the stories published and indeed, twelve years ago, my first book, Bacteria Galore by Sunday at Four was published in Hebrew, and subsequently in Arabic and English.

Last year we published another book (this time in Hebrew) containing two stories, "The Witch and the Toothbrush" and "What to do with a Used Toothbrush". Together with the amazing generosity of Evi Wyler, we have distributed some six thousand hardcover copies free of charge.

My next dream was to make my stories available worldwide, for free. This time I decided to cover the costs myself, using some of the royalty money that I have received from the mouthwash we invented many years ago (Dentyl pH). I hired an amazing illustrator (Rotem Omri) with the task of bringing my new stories to life.

Last night it happened. The new website, www.meltells.com is finally up, with eight illustrated and narrated stories, and one hip hop video. I would really appreciate it if you would have a look, tell me what you think. And if you like the stories, please let others know.

Hopefully, over time, I will find ways to improve the site, add many more stories, and have them all translated into many languages. I also hope that someday they will be published as well. But in the meantime I am a very happy camper indeed. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An enjoyable site, thanks. I'm always on the hunt for great children's books and have recently discovered Bayard and their series of StoryBoxBooks, AdventureBoxBooks, DiscoveryBoxBooks They have work by acclaimed children's books illustrator Helen Oxenbury appearing in the Storybox series for September. In addition to this, they also have some great activities for rainy days: http://www.storyboxbooks.com/potatoprinting.php, http://www.adventureboxbooks.com/macaroni-picture-frames.php, http://www.discoveryboxbooks.com/skittles.php Enjoy!